July 21, 2009

Torchwood

I really love the show Torchwood. It's a show by BBC set in Cardiff, Whales, and it's about an organization that scavenges alien technology and uses it to fight aliens. The main character, Captain Jack Harkness, played by John Barrowman, is from the 51st century and explores the universe. He is bisexual, and has had a tremendous impact in the UK. Many gay and bisexual groups look at him as a great role model, as well as straight people. Captain Jack can not die, and this may seem amazing, but he seems very saddened at times when he realizes that he will never have a soulmate and that every person he meets will die eventually, and he will live on.


Torchwood is a spinoff of Doctor Who, which I plan on watch soon. It is also an anagram of Doctor Who. It had 2 "normal" seasons, and the 3rd is Children of Earth, which is a 5 day miniseries. It came out 2 weeks ago in the UK, and it is airing now in the rest of the world. I downloaded it after the UK release, so I know how it ended, but I won't give a review until everyone has seen it, because I know how bad spoilers can be.

Torchwood is truly an amazing show, and I really enjoyed watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment