August 10, 2009

Geek Week And My Roots As A Geek

Ok, so I haven't posted in a while. And I really hate it because I've been thinking that I should, and I've had the time, but instead I just sat down and watched TV instead. I'm so ashamed :(

But when I wasn't lying on the couch, I was also just surfing the web, looking for anything that seemed interesting. I found out about Geek Week (which is run by The Society for Geek Advancement), and it actually seems pretty cool. It's a week when geeks are praised and held in complete glory for revolutionizing the ways that people work, communicate, shop, find information and even have fun.

There is a video competition, and here is a link to the YouTube group that shows videos of how geekdom is pretty awesome.

I have always been a loner, and I never really had a group to belong too. I'll spare you some details of my lonely life. But ya, now I think I know what group I wanna be in. I wanna be a geek. Seriously, I'm not even kidding. Actually, I kinda am an "L list geek", but I can improve my ranks if I try. I'm actually thinking of learning C++. I'm gonna go to chapters this week and pick up a beginners manual.

And I promise I'll blog more often. I know I've said that many times before, BUT THIS TIME I MEAN IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment